All speakers will be given 15-minutes for presentation and 3-minutes for Q&A. All papers must be presented in English.
The classroom is equipped with a Windows-7 PC (w/ Microsoft Office) and a VGA cable. Bring an adapter if your computer has only HDMI or USB-C ports. If your own computer is preferred, test it before the session starts.
If your assigned paper has online slides or presentation video, we encourage you to go over them. Reusing all or part of the existing slides is permitted. Nevertheless, we prefer you to present the work in your own way: the research community may have better understanding of the work today.
See “how to give a technical presentation” by Michael Ernst.
EMSE (Oct. 23)
- (崔子寒) Learning from mistakes — A comprehensive study on real world concurrency bug characteristics. ASPLOS'08.
- (付毅科) Understanding integer overflow in C/C++. ICSE'12.
- (王通) On the naturalness of software. ICSE'12.
- (张明亚) Why we refactor? Confessions of GitHub contributors. FSE'16.
SEP (Nov. 13)
- (朱庭纬) Maintaining mental models: A study of developer work habits. ICSE'06.
- (温曜铭) Automating string processing in spreadsheets using input-output examples. POPL'11.
- (毛心怡) A three-year participant observation of software startup software evolution. ICSE'17 (SEIP).
- (姜文玉) code2vec: Learning distributed representations of code. POPL'19.
FM (Dec. 4)
- (侍林天) Symbolic execution and program testing, 1976.
- (孙泽雯) Model checking for programming languages using VeriSoft. POPL'97.
- (何伟) KLEE: Unassisted and automatic generation of high-coverage tests for complex systems programs. OSDI'08.
- (韩姚梦希) Angelix: Scalable multiline program patch synthesis via symbolic analysis. ICSE'16.
STA (Dec. 11)
- (李一丁) Dynamically discovering likely program invariants to support program evolution. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), 27(2), 2001.
- (陈哲霏) Bugs as deviant behavior: A general approach to inferring errors in systems code. SOSP'01.
- (张天昀) eXplode: A lightweight, general system for finding serious storage system errors. OSDI'06.
- (陈楚阳) AddressSanitizer: A fast address sanity checker. USENIX ATC'12.
SME (Dec. 18)
- (徐安孜) Visualization of test information to assist fault localization. ICSE'02.
- (刘瀚之) Simplifying and isolating failure-inducing input. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering (TSE), 28(2), 2002.
- (黄伟祥) Microreboot – A technique for cheap recovery. OSDI'04.
- (陈金池) Debugging in the (very) large: Ten years of implementation and experience. SOSP'09.